Eczema is a common skin condition that impacts thousands of Americans every year. Typified by inflamed, itchy, and red skin, it can be triggered by numerous factors. This condition, also known as atopic dermatitis, can appear at any point. When it appears, it can be an acute occurrence that eventually passes following a flare-up. More commonly, it is a chronic condition that requires persistent management to reduce worsening symptoms. From our offices in McKinney and Southlake, TexasAllergyMD works under the leadership of Dr. Nana Mireku to provide exceptional care for eczema sufferers.
Take Steps To Manage Your Eczema With TexasAllergyMD
For some people with eczema, it’s a mild irritation they can easily conceal or control. For others, it can significantly impact their lives, limiting their ability to freely participate in certain activities. Regardless of the severity of your eczema, there are treatments available that can help you take control of your condition.
We offer the following services to aid in the management and treatment of eczema:
- Diagnosis And Testing: The first stage in any treatment is identifying the underlying concern. For eczema, this includes identifying the severity of your condition, what aggravates it, and what helps it.
- Topical Treatments: Topical treatments are those applied to the affected site directly. These can include corticosteroids, moisturizers, immunomodulators, and other substances that reduce itchiness and inflammation. Patients respond differently to these treatments, so our team will help determine which is right for you.
- Oral Medications: Some cases of eczema respond well to one of a range of oral medications ranging from anti-histamines to antibiotics.
- Light Therapy: Phototherapy is effective in some cases of eczema. Exposing the affected area to specific wavelengths of light may reduce inflammation. It can also promote healing in some patients.
- Allergy Shots: Eczema symptoms may be the result of allergies. When this occurs, allergy shots may be able to limit the severity of your symptoms or prevent them entirely.
Dr. Mireku is dedicated to educating our patients about their condition and how it’s treated. To this end, we work to provide them with the information they need, not just to control their condition but to understand its causes. This empowers them to make informed decisions about managing their eczema in conjunction with the treatments provided by TexasAllergyMD.
Conquer Your Eczema By Calling TexasAllergyMD Today
Our team is dedicated to delivering the best possible care for our patients, including those struggling with eczema. If you’re concerned you’re living with eczema or have previously been diagnosed with atopic dermatitis, we can help. Start by contacting (469) 375-1525 and scheduling an appointment with Dr. Mireku today! Meet with our team at our McKinney/Prosper Clinic (1400 North Coit Road, Suite 405, McKinney, TX 75071) or at our Southlake Clinic (630 North Kimball Ave, Suite #110, Southlake, TX 76092). They’ll update your paperwork and take you back to see Dr. Mireku. Together you’ll go over your medical history, symptoms, and experience with any prior attempts to treat your eczema. You’ll leave that meeting with a treatment plan to begin managing your eczema immediately.